Benson Varghese is the founder and managing partner of Varghese Summerset Family Law Group. Benson started a family law practice after establishing one of the largest and fastest-growing criminal defense firms in North Texas. Witnessing how often family law and criminal matters intersect, Benson decided to bring the two practices together under one roof to better serve our clients and the community.
Like his criminal defense firm, Benson selected the best and brightest team to head up Varghese Summersett Family Law Group. When dealing with something as emotional as divorce, child custody, and property distribution, he knows how important it is to have the best in your corner.
Varghese Summersett Family Law Group strives for excellence and is dedicated to providing the highest quality of family law services in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, and surrounding areas. Whether it’s through negotiation or an aggressive courtroom battle, our team has the skills, experience, and expertise to help you achieve the most favorable outcome possible.
In addition to being a highly adept business owner and attorney, Benson is also very active in his community. He serves on numerous boards and is an avid supporter of philanthropic and non-profit organizations.
He is also a devoted family man. He and his wife, Anna Summersett, have two young sons, Knox and Wells – and a third boy on the way. His wife is also a partner at the firm.
Fun fact: Benson and Anna are both Board Certified attorneys – a designation achieved by less than 1 percent of lawyers in Texas.
- Texas Tech University School of Law
- Southern Methodist University
Bachelor of Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist
- President, Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Named the 2019 Outstanding Young Lawyer by the Tarrant County Young Lawyer’s Association
- Named One of Fort Worth’s Fastest Growing Companies (No. 6), Fort Worth Inc. Magazine, 2019
- Listed No. 782 on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest Growing Companies, Magazine, 2018
- Voted “Best Law Firm,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 2018
- Named a Minority Leader on Business, Fort Worth Business Press, 2017
- Finalist for Entrepreneur of Excellence Award, Service Category, Fort Worth Inc. Magazine, 2017
- Selected as a Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016 – Present
- Named “Top Attorney” by 360 West Magazine, 2017 – Present
- Named “Top Attorney” by Fort Worth Magazine, 2016 – Present
- Recipient of the Martindale-Hubbell “Client Champion” Award, 2017
- Named “Premier 100 Trial Attorney” by the American Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Rated 10.0 by AVVO
- State Bar of Texas
- Federal District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals