Turner Thornton is a highly-regarded Fort Worth family law attorney who leads Varghese Summersett Family Law Group. A skilled negotiator and experienced litigator, Turner has successfully guided hundreds of individuals and families through the most tumultuous time of their lives.
Divorce, child custody disputes, and property division are among the most contentious and complex cases in the legal system. Turner understands the intricacies and complexities involved in family law and works strategically to find and implement the best strategy for each client. While many cases are resolved through mediation, others require an aggressive courtroom battle. Turner is skilled in all aspects of case resolution and treats every person who walks through his door with honesty, professionalism, and compassion.
In addition to being a highly adept lawyer, Turner is also a family man with deep ties to the community. He was born and raised in North Texas along with his older sister, Katie. He attended Martin High School in Arlington. After high school, Turner attended the University of Texas at Austin, where he graduated in 2009. Afterward, he returned to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex to attend Texas A&M University School of Law (formerly Texas Wesleyan University). There, he obtained his law degree and also met his future wife, Alex – who is a defense attorney at Varghese Summersett. Turner and Alex recently welcomed their first child, Charlotte. They are also the proud parents of two dachshunds, Clifford and Annie.
Fun Fact: In 2015, Turner appeared on the game show, Celebrity Name Game — and won.
- Texas A & M University School of Law (formerly Texas Wesleyan School of Law), Juris Doctor, 2012
- University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Minor in Business, 2009
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Contested and Uncontested Divorce
- Child Custody, Support, and Modification
- Property and Asset Division
- Enforcement of Existing Orders
- Father’s Rights
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
Honors, Awards Memberships
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2023
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth Magazine, 2015 – Present
- Top Attorney, 360 West Magazine, 2017 – Present
- Top Attorney, 76107 Magazine, 2019, 2020
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, State Bar of Texas Family Law Section
- Member, Tarrant County Family Bar Association
- Member, Tarrant County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court,